YFC Statement of Faith
- We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God.
(1 Thessalonians 2:13; 2 Timothy 3:15-17)
- We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
(Matthew 28:19; John 10:30; Ephesians 4:4-6)
- We believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory.
(Matthew 1:23; John 1:1-4; John 1:29; Acts 1:11; Acts 2:22-24; Romans 8:34; 1 Corinthians 15:3-4; 2 Corinthians 5:21; Philippians 2:5-11; Hebrews 1:1-4; Hebrews 4:15)
- We believe that all men everywhere are spiritually lost and face the judgment of God; Jesus Christ is the only way of salvation, and that salvation involves the redemption of the whole man and is offered freely to all who repent of their sins and accept Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior—who by His own blood obtained eternal redemption for the believer. In its broadest sense salvation includes regeneration, justification, sanctification, and glorification. There is no salvation apart from repentance and personal faith in Jesus Christ as Lord.
(Luke 24:46-47; John 14:6; Acts 4:12; Romans 3:23; 2 Corinthians 5:10-11; Ephesians 1:7 and 2:8-9; Titus 3:4-7)
- We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, whose indwelling enables the Christian to live a godly life.
(John 3:5-8; Acts 1:8 and 4:31; Romans 8:9; 1 Corinthians 2:14; Galatians 5:16-18; Ephesians 6:12; Colossians 2:6-10)
- We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; the saved unto the resurrection of eternal life and the lost unto the resurrection of damnation and eternal punishment.
(1 Corinthians 15:51-57; Revelation 20:11-15)
- We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ and that all true believers are members of His body, the Church.
(1 Corinthians 12:12, 27; Ephesians 1:22-23)
- We believe God’s plan for human sexuality is to be expressed only within the context of marriage, that God created man and woman as unique biological persons made to complete each other. God instituted monogamous marriage between male and female as the foundation of the family and the basic structure of human society. For this reason, we believe that marriage is exclusively the union of one genetic male and one genetic female.
(Genesis 2:24; Matthew 19:5-6; Mark 10:6-9; Romans 1:26-27; 1 Corinthians 6:9)
- We believe there is no other gender to identify with other than the biological gender God created each individual to be born as.
(Jeremiah 1:5; Psalm 139:14; Genesis 1:27; Matthew 19:4)
- We believe that human life is sacred from conception to its natural end; and that we must have concern for the physical and spiritual needs of our fellow men.
(Psalm 139:13; Isaiah 49:1; Jeremiah 1:5; Matthew 22:37-39; Romans 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10)